A stripe textured soft stole which is light and thin. Inspired from the bright rays of the sun in yellow and earthy shades. This is handwoven and upcycled using reclaimed textile offcuts.
THE DESIGNER STORY
We started with the aim to reduce and reuse waste produced by our parent company Shivam International- a company that manufactures garments and exports them. And in the process of upcycling what we receive from the company, we utilize crafts that are indigenous to India. We started with our focus on handloom weaving, specifically on rag rug weaving. We enjoy perceiving crafts that would be considered “lowbrow” by larger populous through the lens of quality and design. This for us is an act of rebellion against “conventional luxury norms” a fact that amuses us on this zero waste journey. Introducing and inculcating quality and design within a traditional craft also allows the craftspeople to fetch a fair wage and not just a minimum wage.
THE FINE PRINT
Fabric: Handwoven Textile Waste
Delivery: 14 Days
1. Hand wash separately at room temperature or machine wash in gentle cycle and use mild detergents only
2. Do not bleach or scrub
3. Dark colors may bleed, so wash alone for its first wash then with similar colors
4. Dry away from direct sunlight
5. Do not tumble dry
6. Avoid all contact with citric content substances
7. Iron warm in reverse
8. Dry clean only if necessary
For custom orders, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org